Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Author Seen Here With HRH The Prince Of Wales At A British Asian Trust Event At The Windsor Castle



Several of my blog readers have enquired if I ever posted about the efforts of Bollywood personalities targeting child abuse and trafficking in India. The short answer is: Yes. I did post a note along with a link on the subject that was forwarded to me by a friend affiliated with British Asian Trust. I am reposting the note for those who missed it on Dec 10, 2012. 

Child Sex Abuse is receiving enormous attention in India. The leading Indian filmmaker, Aamir Khan, has vividly portrayed the plight of abused children through his recently concluded TV series 'Sataymev Jayte' (Truth Alone Prevails). I commend the work of British Asian Trust in tackling the girl abuse and exploitation throughout South Asia.

I am proud of my association with the leadership of British Asian Trust which, under the patronage of HRH The Prince of Wales, is doing defining work in reaching out to the vulnerable and at-risk girls. American India Foundation (www.aif.org) and BAT are collaborating on several projects that aim to improve livelihood opportunities, through skill upgrades, among marginalized girls and women in India.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment